Inside Active Directory Security, Australia, 2023
A major business technology control with massive security implications
Active Directory architecture is critical to every Microsoft-based organisation or entity that operates a network of connected infrastructure with multiple staff and
segmented or configured levels of access.
As the central set of services to manage authentication and authorisation of users and computers on a Windows network, Active Directory represents the keys to the kingdom for cybercriminals.
Active Directory is almost always targeted by threat actors looking to move laterally across a network following an initial breach.
Despite this, many Active Directory installs will be outdated, untidy and often left without proper security oversight.
Without the proper governance, Active Directory can be a major cyber security risk.
In this report we explore the topic of Active Directory security with cybersecurity leaders from Australian organisations.
Featuring commentary and insights from:
- Jamie Norton, Partner, McGrathNicol
- Stepanie Crowe, First Assistant Director General, Cyber Security Resilience, Australian Cyber Security Centre, Australian Signals Directorate
- Rob Wiggan, Cybersecurity Advisory, WTW
- TM Ching, Security Chief Technology Officer, Asia Pacific, DXC Technology
- George Abraham, Chief Information Security Officer, Novatti Group
- Sean Deuby, North American Principal Technologist, Semperis
Complete the form to download your free copy of the report!